Saturday, May 29, 2010

Stuck-ish?

I was just thinking a couple of days ago that I need to get my second fill pretty soon, but now I am rethinking that. I made something for dinner tonight that we just had last week - I sauteed shrimp and broccoli and tossed it with tortellini and pesto. I served myself about a cup of food. I ate most of the shrimp, some of the broccoli, and about 3 bites of tortellini, and all of a sudden I felt like I had a golf ball stuck in my throat. I wrapped the rest of my dinner up and put it in the fridge for lunch tomorrow.

About 4 hours later, I needed to take some medication that had to be taken with food, so I had a few Triscuits and a spoonful of cottage cheese and took 2 pills. I have that golf ball feeling again and heartburn on top of it.

I'm trying to figure out what's causing this. Not that it really matters, I just need to respect it and take it easy on the food for now, but I'm finding the whole thing very interesting. Before this, I haven't had any stuck episodes, PB's, vomiting, or intolerance to any food. I can eat bread, salad, any vegetables, steak, and dry chicken with no problem.

I'm on antibiotics and painkillers because I had an abscess on my, um, let's just say upper leg region (yuck and ouch) so I'm thinking my newfound stucky-ness is either:

a) the stress from being in pain for a few days
b) the antibiotics
c) the painkillers
d) lack of sleep from tossing and turning all night last night
e) my fill just finally kicked in for real

I know you're not supposed to take antacids with antibiotics but damn I don't know how I'm going to go to sleep with this burny feeling in my throat, and I'm all hopped up on Vicodin so I need to go to bed soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what is up with that! I am dealing with the same thing right now... I hate when I get tight out of the blue. I'm keep thinking... holy cow... what did I do now. sigh. Hang in there... After a day of liquids, I am doing WAY better! I'll take it easy today and hopefully be back to normal eating tomorrow... Happy Eating!

-Grace- said...

When I'm stressed, I feel tighter. I hope it gets better soon, hun!

Darlin1 said...

Maybe all the things you are taking and what is going on with you right now has made you swollen, you know like how you feel when you are retaining water.
This too shall pass! Soon I hope!

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a lot of stuff going on. Hope you feel better soon.