Saturday, June 23, 2012

I recently wrote on Facebook, "It's funny how the universe opens doors when you're not even looking for them."

Well, yesterday yet another door slammed shut on our fingers. My husband was laid off from his job of 9 years.

I took the career leap I did based on the fact that his job was stable and we had NO indication this was coming. We're pretty scared.

This means no Alaska trip (I have to cancel 60 days in advance to get 75% the deposit back OR send a check for the additional $2000, which ain't happening...and the trip is in 64 days so that decision had to be made quickly). I'm more sad for Scott than for myself with this one...it was his dream vacation and I am so bummed that we had to make that decision.

The good thing is that my husband is brilliant. I'm not saying that to be nice...the man is literally a genius. So I am hopeful that he will find something soon, but until then, belts are tightened, we're canceling satellite TV service, and I'm going to work every minute that I have available to me in the next 2 weeks before I leave the old/new job for good.

To leave this positive, I started my new job yesterday and it is awesome! I love it. The people are fantastic. It's very fast paced and it's going to be tough at first until I get the hang of things, but there's NO micromanaging. I can really kick ass at this job.

I'm off to work...urgent care center today. 2 weeks from today is my last day there. See ya later.

7 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

So sorry to hear the news. :(

Alaska isn't going anywhere...it'll be there and ready for your visit when the funds are there one day :)

HUGS

tz said...

very sorry to hear the news...I hope that your husband finds something quickly and something he loves.

Amy said...

So sorry...but there will be another opportunity to go when I time is right, but how disappointing :(

Meli said...

ughhh what a kick in the gut. i've been there. my husband is the soul breadwinner so when he got laid off it was like my world crumbled. so i know how it feels. but the good news is, it will bring you even closer. also, he's a genius, duh. he'll find something else. you can get through this. (((hugs)))

Steph said...

Sorry to hear the bad news, but I'm glad you have your new job. Alaska can wait, as much of a bummer as it is, but at least you can get a majority of your money back. Good luck to you!

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear the bad news....

Andrea said...

Congrats on the new job Stephanie! I'm really sorry about your husbands job! I have no doubt he'll find something else soon!