It is Thursday, isn't it? It's hard to keep track of the days when there's no real weekend.
1. Today is the 17th anniversary of Jerry Garcia's death. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I had just gotten off of summer tour. My last Dead show was only a month before, on 7/2/1995. I nearly lost my mind when I got the news. The Grateful Dead was my religion. I felt a sense of peace, joy, and community when I was at Dead shows like nothing else I ever experienced. I can't believe it's been 17 years that Jerry has been gone.
2. I'm going to Boston next week and I can't wait to squeeze my nephew!
3. My mom offered to pay for a fill (I really, really need one) and that made me very happy. As soon as the September work schedule comes out and I know which clinic day I am open, I'm going to make an appointment.
4. Scott hasn't found a job quite yet. I'm not really willing to relocate anywhere other than the Boston area or North Carolina. Or Oregon. Or maybe San Francisco. And there aren't really may jobs in his field in South Florida. So nothing promising has come up yet. Hopefully soon.
5. I've been hooked on the show Parenthood. Why didn't anyone tell me how amazing it is? I've watched all of the first season and I'm on to the second season.
6. We've been CRAZY busy at the urgent care the last week with all of the back to school physicals. We normally see about 60 patients per day. Yesterday we saw 95!
7. I'm bummed that I'm not going to make it to BOOBS 3 next month but I wish all the ladies who are going a wonderful time! And please have a Chicago dog for me.
8. I'm looking forward to summer being over. This heat is annoying.
9. Hormonal parrots suck. Liberty bit the hell out of my finger the other day. She NEVER bites me. All she does anymore is look for a place to nest. I want my sweet girl back. I can't wait for mating season to be done.
10. Time to go to the gym. See you later!