Friday, August 24, 2012

The Bad and the Good...

The bad...I was supposed to be getting to Alaska right about now. I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't a little sad about that.

The good...last year my friend Jen and I were headed off to a cruise when there was a hurricane headed towards south Florida. I can't even tell you how stressed I was wondering about how everything would work out. I'd probably be freaking the eff out if I had to consider getting on a plane and leaving my house and parrots with unknown disaster lurking. The last few days would have sucked.

Alaska will be there next year.

The best? Getting to snuggle these two last week...



(That's my sister and my nephew, if you didn't know. We were out to lunch. Zachary and I shared the spinach and goat cheese dip, and a chicken quesadilla. Quite a sophisticated palate on that little one.)

11 comments:

adorkbl said...

your nephew is adorable. Sorry about Alaska. It will still be there. And you will make it someday. :)

Lap Band Gal said...

So adorable!

And yes, Alaska will always be there...ready and waiting for your visit eventually one day. :)

Rhonda said...

Hope you had a great time with the family!

Unknown said...

Sorry about Alaska. glad you had a good time with your sis and nephew though....

Sandy said...

There's another hurricane off the coast of Florida again this year. Sorry that Alaska didn't work out for you but it will still be there in the future. Cute nephew.

speck said...

I'm sorry you wont' make the trip but I always believe there is a reason for everything! But I will look forward to seeing pictures in the future.

Sandra

Meli said...

hey steph! your nephew is just precious. i'm 6 months pregnant now and i have to ask, is your nephew sitting in a booster seat right there in the booth?? i've never seen that before. what is it?

jennxaz said...

that sucks about Alaska but your nephew is a cutie!

Beth Ann said...

You gotta do what's right for you! Glad you made the choice that doesn't give you stress. :)

Unknown said...

@meli: Stephanie's sister here. It is the Inglesina Fast Table Chair. I love it. It is a travel high chair that screws onto the table. At his age, I like it better than the restaurant high chairs.

Unknown said...

@meli: Stephanie's sister here. It is the Inglesina Fast Table Chair. I love it. It is a travel high chair that screws onto the table. At his age, I like it better than the restaurant high chairs.