Sunday, June 12, 2011

Adorable Blog

Oh wow, I am so flattered! Cat over at One Slim Cat gave me The Adorable Blog Award.


Rules of the Award
*Thank the person who gave you this award, and link back to them in your post.
*Tell us 10 things about yourself.
*Nominate your bloggers.
*Contact these bloggers, and let them know they received this award.


Thank you Cat! You made my day. Your blog is rather adorable too. :-)

10 things about me...

1. I am a knitter. I love to make pretty things!
2. I am fashion-challenged. When everyone is talking about pretty clothes, sexy shoes, and fancy purses, I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know a Gucci from a Smoochi and my biggest fashion win since losing weight is wearing smaller jeans and t-shirts.
3. I am terrified of driving in the rain. I am even more terrified of riding in a car in the rain when someone else is driving.
4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE roller coasters from the bottom of my heart. One of the biggest reasons I wanted to have weight loss surgery is because I was having a hard time fitting into the coasters. I fell in love with my husband on our first date when he rode Montu, one of my favorite coasters at Busch Gardens in Tampa, 37 times in one day with me.
5. I met my husband when I was 22 years old. I had a huge crush on him from the moment I met him - and then moments after meeting him, I found out he had just been hired as my boss! Long story short, he was promoted, we started dating, and we've been together ever since - 13 wonderful years and counting.
6. My favorite movie of all time is Shrek.
7. I'm a gun nut. I used to shoot Glocks competitively. I'm very good with an AR-15 rifle.
8. I am a Deadhead and went on the final Grateful Dead tour before Jerry Garcia died. I quit my job to go the day before my friends were leaving and I don't have a moment of regret. I have also seen Phish dozens of times and lost count a long time ago.
9. I can't stand touching sand, dirt, dust, or anything powdery, especially on my feet. I eat based on texture (hate things like mushrooms, rice pudding, eclairs, raised donuts, and water chestnuts because they all make my teeth feel weird. I can't file my nails because it feels gross. My husband says that he is pretty sure I am autistic.
10. If I could do any job, I would be a registered dietitian. I love learning about nutrition, food, diet, and how they relate to health.

My nominees...

Jen at Just Foolin' Blog Designs because she made MY blog adorable!
Karin at Lap Band Gal
Lacey at This Life of Mine
Grace at Grace's Fat Chance
Sarah at Losing Weight, Gaining Tons

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww... thanks roomie!!! I haven't been nominated for anything in a while. This will give me something to do in the hospital while we're waiting for the Tuesday greenlight!!! :-)

Sarah said...

BTW - I am in awe about your #7.... buying a gun is on my list of things to do - just haven't gotten around to it yet!

MLM said...

Love learning these lil facts about everyone! Love the new blog design, and congrats on the new low on the scale!!

Cat said...

I love roller coasters too and am seriously so glad that I got my band so that I may ride them with no fear. : )

Totally glad to nominate you for the adorable blog award!

FreeJulie said...

Great post! Lots of fun information - I like that you rode the roller coaster 37 times on the first date. :) Also I laughed out loud when you said your husband is pretty sure you're autistic. My son and I have some creepy "don't like to touch that" issues, I say the same thing.

-Grace- said...

Thank you! :) Love you, hun!

Lacey said...

Thanks Steph! I am suck a slacker, it is finally set to auto-post later today.