Sunday, October 14, 2012

Note To Self...

1. Never tell anyone that you "never" have a problem with a particular food. You will have the second worst PB of your life on said food that very evening. (Chicken thighs...I'm looking at you.)

2. It was finally cool enough here to go for a walk outside instead of in the stinky old gym. Cool breezes and sunshine and good tunes are better for my mood than I imagine a pile of Prozac would be.

3. THIS is my new favorite breakfast - homemade baked oatmeal with Greek yogurt. Tons of fiber and protein, not too sweet, and it keeps me going for HOURS. This batch has raspberries, cranberries, and blueberries in it. I'm going to make some today with pumpkin and lots of pumpkin pie spice. Mmmm.



4. My friend Maria sent me this pic of us from the end of the 5K a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to share.



5. And just for fun, I LOVE this pic of Zachary and ALL of his aunties in the same place at the same time. On the left is Laura, my brother-in-law's sister who (shameless plug) has a Kickstarter to raise money for her farm if you want to check it out. She's the one with whom I planted garlic at her farm last year. The woman makes some gorgeous veggies. Kate, my brother-in-law's twin brother's wife, is on the right. I really enjoy hanging out with her. I love having such great "co-aunts" for my beautiful nephew!


7 comments:

Momee3021 said...

Im glad you're posting again. Im trying your new favourite breakfast this week.

Lap Band Gal said...

I love that pic! You all are adorable! :)

Vanessa said...

That Breakfast looks awesome! I shall try some!

jennxaz said...

great pics! You look awesome!

speck said...

I eat a lot of oatmeal but I haven't tried it baked yet. The pumpkin sounds good. I've been craving something pumpkin here lately.

I've tried it in the crockpot and I love steel-cut oates.(the overnight ones)

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Sandra

adorkbl said...

Sorry about your PB. Yuck!! Been dealing with a lot of that lately.

That oatmeal/Greek yogut concoction looks yummy. Might have to try.

Michelle said...

How exactly do you make the oatmeal ... ? Looks really good.