Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

1. My request for time off for the entire Thanksgiving weekend was approved. Thank goodness! My 10th wedding anniversary is the Friday after Thanksgiving and that would have really sucked if I had to work.

2. I picked up over 8 hours of overtime last weekend. I really like my job and I am SO grateful for the extra money, but man...I'm tired. I'm glad I had yesterday and today off to recover.

3. My husband has had a bunch of dental work lately and is on a soft diet until his permanent crown is done in a few weeks. I'm putting my mushy cooking skills to work and I made shepherd's pie for dinner. I made one batch as usual, with ground beef, full-fat cheese and mashed potatoes for Scott, and another for myself where I used a little bit of ground beef along with red beans, carrots, onions, cauliflower, spinach, and corn for the base, a sprinkle of 2% milk cheese, and a very thin layer of mashed potatoes on top. It was tasty!

4. One of my favorite authors, Jennifer Weiner, wrote this article about the day her daughter used "the 'F' word" (FAT) for the first time. Very interesting read.

5. Today I was contacted by the Rachael Ray Show to fly to New York to be on the show and have a makeover...for free! I was so excited until I found out what the catch is...they're looking for couples who are having a "milestone anniversary" this year where BOTH people have a makeover. My husband really doesn't want to be on TV. Boooooo. I understand completely, but am still disappointed, of course. If you know of anyone having a "milestone anniversary" let me know and I'll pass it along to the producer I was speaking with.

6. I am obsessed...obsessed with The Hunger Games. I'm "reading" (via audiobook) the first in the series and it's totally not the kind of book I usually read, but it's fantastic. My "niece" Keara recommended it and I can't stop listening. I've already reserved book 2 and 3 from the library.

7. This new fill is treating me nicely. I lost 6 pounds the week after the fill. I feel great. Eating very little but not hungry.

8. I'm glad everyone had such a nice time in Chicago! I've really enjoyed seeing the pictures.

9. Scott is amazing. Truly. We needed to have some repairs done on our old house because our insurance policy needed to be renewed. Scott (along with our very helpful neighbor for a little assistance) did all of the work himself and completed a job that was quoted at over $2000 for under $500. Incredible. He seriously busted ass and we passed our inspection with flying colors. He researched how to do it and got it all done. I'm really impressed with him.

10. I have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow, so I have to go wind down for bed. Goodnight!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Man that stinks about having to pass on the Rachael Ray show...but I'm glad that you are having your milestone anniversary this year AND that you have the time off work!

I was reading about your Shepherds pie on your Facebook post...can you send me your recipe? :)

Missed you this weekend in Chicago! It was a great time and perfect weather!

Lap Band Gal said...

Glad this fill is doing the trick for ya :)

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

We celebrated our 10th this year and my ham of a husband would SO go on TV. Also, Vanessa at Athena Banded Warrior is celebrating her 10th

adorkbl said...

I love Jennifer Wiener. Thanks for sharing the article. And boo hiss on Rachel Ray. We celebrated our 11th this year. So guess we are not having a "milestone" year.