Monday, August 9, 2010

Milestones

I reached two major milestones today.

First - I have now lost 50 pounds. Well, 50.6 to be exact. I am thrilled about this. 50 pounds is a huge amount of weight, of course. I lost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers before I crashed and burned and gained most of it back. I struggled for every pound. I felt like 50 pounds was the end of something. I was done. I couldn't do it anymore.

This time it feels like 50 pounds is just the beginning.

Here is the other milestone: I am the smallest I have ever been as an adult. I got down to 239 pounds on Weight Watchers. I got down to 232 pounds on Jenny Craig. The coolest part is that I met my husband at 232 pounds. Today, at 230.4, this is the smallest that he has ever seen me.

I am so grateful for my band. I have hope. I don't feel deprived and I feel like I can do this for a long time.

I started out wearing size 26 jeans. I was miserable when I had to walk more than a few blocks. I regularly walk/run 3 miles at a time now.

To compare, here are some pictures.

This is from last summer. My best friend and I went on vacation. We were at Dollywood that day and I barely fit in the rollercoasters. I can't believe I am sharing this picture with you. I felt disgusting. This is mere weeks before I went for my first lap band informational session. Look at this - I was literally twice the size of Jen, if not more.




This one is from April, a little less than 2 months after I had my band installed. I had just come from a job interview. I had lost about 25 pounds at that point.



My co-worker took this picture of me today. I'm wearing my new size 18 jeans. I have a long way to go, but I feel like I am on my way.

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way, but you look like you've lost more than 50 lbs. Congrats on your great milestones.

Darlin1 said...

I agree with Bonnie---You look amazing!
Good for you!

DiZneDiVa said...

Wow! 50 pounds and you look amazing! Fantastic! *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..."

Barbara said...

Congrats.. you look amazing.. keep up the good work.. its only going to get better

Alison said...

You look fantastic, well done. I want to go to Dollywood!

Sherry said...

You look great!!! I see an amazing difference! Good for you!

-Grace- said...

Look at you skinny! *Wolf whistle!*


You look amazing! Congrats on hitting -50 lbs!

Cindylew said...

Looking great Chicka...keep it up.

Meli said...

steph!! you look so beautiful!!!! omg i'm so proud of you!!! keep it up girl!!

weebeefirkin said...

:))))))))))) You go girl:))))))))))))

Unknown said...

Stephanie! You look fantastic!
Congratulations.