Monday, January 31, 2011

MSG-Free Cream of Chicken Soup?

I have a fill scheduled for next Monday. And good lord do I need it. I won't tell you what I've eaten. I just won't. Ok. I will. I had a plate of dry chicken with brown rice and black beans. I had stir fry with loads of veggies and buckwheat noodles. I had a large jerk chicken salad and ate almost all the lettuce. And I ate nearly an entire pizza. Ok, so it was individual-sized and I didn't REALLY eat the whole thing, but I supposedly have a band around my stomach and should barely be able to even eat a slice!

Ahem. Anyway. After fills, my go-to food has been the little red cans of sippable cream of chicken soup. That's my favorite. I learned that stuff has MSG in it, to which I seem to have developed an allergy. Does anyone know of an organic or MSG-free cream of chicken soup? Or a recipe so I can make it myself? I figure I'll go scout out Whole Foods this weekend, but if anyone has a particular brand you like, that would be great if you could let me know.

4 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

That Chicken Divan soup recipe could work, just blend the heck out of it...yum! Tastes like Cream of Chicken :)

LDswims said...

I like to make my own and it's pretty easy. Send me an email at ldswims0808@gmail.com if you want the recipe - and feel free to share it, just seems like a really long comment.

Shrinking Mommy said...

i think there is a gluten free cream of something at whole foods. i know... very helpful of me....lol.

Libby said...

I'm not sure if Amy's makes a cream of chicken but if you don't want to cook you might look for that.