Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tagged by Jessica

I was tagged by Jessica and figured I'd play along. :-)

This is from my walk with Jessica yesterday. My husband, Scott, came to the park with us to
do some photography and he captured some nice shots. :-)



The Rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ Blah blah blah, you legiti­mately have to tag 11 people!

11 Random things about me:
  1. My husband was my boss when we met. I was 23 years old. We didn't start dating for real until he was promoted to a different department
  2. I hate mushrooms, squid, raised donuts, and rice krispy treats.
  3. I love brussels sprouts, broccoli, cupcakes, and cheese.
  4. I am addicted to spicy food. This happened after surgery. I have jars of jalapenos in the refrigerators at home AND work, as well as over a dozen types of hot sauce.
  5. I went to summer camp in Lake George, NY every year from when I was 8 years old until I was 17.
  6. I used to think I did, but I really don't want kids. I'm happy to be an aunt.
  7. I'm a terrible housekeeper. I hate cleaning and decorating and all that stuff.
  8. I am a roller coaster junkie.
  9. I love music, lots of different kinds, but can't get into country or super hard metal.
  10. I'm seriously allergic to perfume, scented candles, cleaning supplies, etc. I need to take allergy meds before I go to any large gathering because inevitably, the person who is marinated in perfume will be sitting right next to me. (I spent most of BOOBs doped up on Benadryl.)
  11. I used to play poker all the time. We bought our house when we did because I won a "bad beat jackpot" and needed to offset the win. I pretty much stopped playing seriously after we moved.
Jessica's questions:

Do you have any tattoos? If so what are they of?
I do. A purple Grateful Dead bear on my left thigh and dragonflies and flowers on my right ankle. I definitely want at least one more, but not sure what.

What is the most played song on your ipod?
Julius
by Phish. It's the perfect pace for running and these lyrics really get me going because it makes me always want to take another step and push myself just a little harder to be at that moment where my past and my future are precisely divided...with the new life winning...so I take another step.

With your past and your future precisely divided,
Am I at that moment?

I haven't decided
.
Don't take another, don't take another, don't take another step
,
Don't blame it on yourself...


What is your favorite form of exercise?
Lately, it's running outdoors. Who knew I would love it so much?

If you could learn to do anything? What would it be?
Play an instrument well. I played bass guitar for awhile and pretty much sucked. I felt like I was hurting the music so I stopped.

If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
Travel, buy a house near my sister, and get my bachelor's degree.

What is the first thing you notice about someone?
It's nothing in particular that I notice first...just a general vibe...how their presence makes me feel.

Describe yourself in three words.
Still in progress.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Antarctica. I dream of one day going to work there for a season. Doing what? I have no idea. I just want to experience it.

What is your biggest fear?
Never accomplishing my goals. That, and cockroaches. Shudder.

If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?

A never ending supply of money so I always had exactly the right amount in my pocket no matter what I was buying, perfect health until I die peacefully in my sleep when I am 123 years old, a hundred years with my husband.

Can you keep a secret?
Yep. :-)


My 11 Questions:

1. What is your favorite salad?
2. What was your favorite book as a child?
3. What is the one food that you would love to be able to eat in unlimited amounts without ever absorbing the calories or getting stuck?
4. Do you prefer working out indoors or outdoors?
5. If you're banded, what are your "absolutely not" foods that you will not attempt because they get stuck every time?
6. What is your favorite song/band to exercise to?
7. Have you ever played any sports?
8. What is one book that you could read over and over again?
9. What do you think the most attractive thing about yourself is?
10. Would you go to a bariatric doctor who was fat? Why or why not?
11. Are you going to BOOBs this year?

People I Tag:

1. Shannon
2. Joey
3. Fluffy
4. Rockband Barbie
5. Grace
6. Lacey
7. Lap Band Groupie
8. Camille
9. Catherine
10. Babbling Amy
11. Tessie Rose