Saturday, April 7, 2012

Big News

You know how when you have something on your mind and it's pretty much all you can think about so you don't really have anything else to say because the one thing takes over all your thoughts? Well, that's why I haven't been blogging much.

I have some big news that I can FINALLY share...I got a new job! I didn't want to say anything before it was finalized and I had told my current boss, but now it's official. I'll be working as an office person/front desk at a local urgent care facility. I have been interested in the medical field for a long time but have been working in technology for so long that I had no idea how to even get in the door in another industry. So I made a decision...I would apply for an entry level position just to get in the door and go from there.

I'll be working three 12 hour shifts per week so I asked my current boss if I can move to part time (1-2 days per week) and he said he would look into it. If so, that will be great. If not, my last day there will be on 4/20. I am nervous about making a huge career shift but hey...nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

So...I'm desperate for some office-type clothes. I got nothin'. I've worn jeans and t-shirts to work for years. I hate shopping but I'm afraid it's going to have to happen. (If anyone has anything in 16 or large that they want to get rid of, let me know!)

In other news...I have been having some stomach pain for the last few days and I'm worried that there might be something wrong. I'm hoping not, but eating is uncomfortable. I have a couple of theories...

1. Gas pain. I've been eating a lot of raw oat bran for cholesterol and maybe I'm not reacting well to it. I cut it out today so I'll see how I feel in the next few days and add it back in s-l-o-w-l-y.

2. Stress. Career shift and all. It's good stress, but still stress. I know that can mess with my stomach.

3. Gall bladder. The pain is always after I eat and then eases up.

Or...something is really wrong. I don't want to think about that right now. I'm going to do liquids/mushies for a couple of days and see how I feel. If I'm not WAY better in a couple of days, I'll call my doctor.

11 comments:

DiZneDiVa said...

Congratulations!

Azmomo2andcounting said...

Good luck with the new job! Just stumbled onto your blog!

Where is the pain? Lower left side, central, lower right side?

Andrea said...

Congratulations on the new job!!!

Darlin1 said...

Yippie with the new job!

Hope the pain thing ....is too many oats!

XO

Ms. M said...

Congrats! That's fantastic news!!!

Jessica said...

Congrats!! That is awesome!

I hope you feel better soon!

Steph said...

Congrats on the job shift. It's always hard to move into something new, but I applaud you for going after a new career. Way cool!

I hope you are feeling better soon and keep us updated!

Beth Ann said...

How exciting!! Congrats!!

Catherine55 said...

So awesome about the new job! I hope the pain is just the oat bran.. it does tend to make... er, ... bad things happen! Hope it's nothing more serious than that.

Catherine55 said...

So awesome about the new job! I hope the pain is just the oat bran.. it does tend to make... er, ... bad things happen! Hope it's nothing more serious than that.

Tully said...

Congratulations, what fantastic news! I hope it all works out for you and you can keep some part time hours at the old job.

Good luck with the new clothes shopping! :)