Saturday, April 21, 2012

BYOC...It's Been Awhile


BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!


I haven't done one of these in ages, but...why not? I have nothing else to talk about.


It’s Friday (ok so I'm a day late) – so it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer 5 questions to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Copy to your own blog and enjoy!


1. Do you have any siblings? What is your relationship with them? Good, bad, ugly?

I have one little sister. She is amazing and makes me so proud and I admire the heck out of her. She's a pediatrician, and an amazing mom, and just a very good person. Not to mention that she's awfully cute. We've pretty much always gotten along really well.


2. Let’s talk pizza. Do you prefer homemade or restaurant? What toppings are your fave?

I love pizza, but it's a very slidery food for me so I need to be careful about it. I can eat too much of it. I like interesting (weird) vegetarian pizzas - recently I had one called the "Green Goat" which was goat cheese, pesto, and tomatoes. Delish! 


3. When is the last time you cried – in sadness and in joy?

Last time I really, really cried was the night my little nephew was born. I was so overwhelmingly happy that he had arrived but sad that I wasn't there to meet him right away.


4. Do you own a gun – one that is specifically yours? Do you know how to use it?

Yep. When Scott and I first moved in together, I knew that guns would be in my home. (He's ex-army, and a hunter.) I wanted to know that if there was ever a need, I could safely pick one up and make sure it was unloaded and move it without hurting myself or others, so I took a gun safety class. Long story short, I LOVED shooting! It was so much fun. So I got into competitive shooting and had a really good time with it. The guns that are ALL mine are a .40 caliber Walther P99, a .40 caliber Glock and two 9 mm Glocks (one large frame and one small frame - these are my competition guns that I used for the Glock Sports Shooters competitions), a Walther .22 caliber just for fun because it's super cheap to shoot (.22 bullets are very inexpensive), and an AR-15 rifle. I have NEVER shot at a living thing and don't intend to, but I know that if the zombies come, I'm covered. ;-)


5. Repeat question. Summarize your week!

It's been a crazy week. Yesterday was my last day as a full time employee at my old job and Monday is my first day at my new job, I'm going to be working 3 days a week (12 hour shifts) at the urgent care place and 1-2 days at the old job, so I'm going to be very, very busy.

1 comment:

RockBand Barbie said...

good luck with your new job!!