Monday, August 22, 2011

Go Away, Irene!

If you read the other Stephanie's blog, you already know that there's a hurricane out in the Atlantic ocean, threatening us here in Florida. Here's what's going on in my head...

  • I'm very nervous for Island Bandit. I don't know her well, but she's in the Bahamas and the storm is almost certain to hit there.
  • We're not likely to get a direct hit here in Palm Beach, but it is possible...and it's forecasted to be a category 3 by the time it gets here.
  • I'm supposed to be getting on a cruise ship with my friend Jen on Friday afternoon...to head to the Bahamas. I'm trying not to think too much about it until we have a better idea of what will happen. Hence, the Xanax I took. (My doctor prescribed it for travel...I can only assume that this qualifies as travel anxiety.)
  • Jen and I are in a better position than probably 90% of the people on the cruise ship. We don't have to worry about air travel...we can be at the Port of Miami in an hour and a half.
  • No, we don't have travel insurance because we don't have air travel to worry about. If the cruise is canceled, we'll be rescheduled.
  • I hate hurricanes.
  • I'm worried for my friend Judith who lives on an island off the coast of South Carolina. She has more than 30 large parrots and evacuating with them will not be easy.
  • Have I mentioned that I hate hurricanes?
  • I think that large quantities of chocolate and/or ice cream will make me feel better.
  • Just kidding.
  • Kinda.

2 comments:

Cece said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your friends in Carolina and Bahamas ! (And my sis who lives north of Orlando)

Fluffy said...

Hang in there Stephanie!