Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Good Day

I was the featured blogger on the BOOBS blog today. What a lovely surprise! It totally made my day. Only ten days until Chicago and I am nervous but crazy excited.

A fellow WLS patient from my doctor's office emailed me last night to say that she had a bunch of NICE clothes for me in sizes 14-16, so I'm hoping there's a dress in there for Saturday night's fancy dinner. If not, I'll be going shopping this weekend.

The scale isn't moving. I've been stuck right around 54 pounds down for a couple of weeks. It is annoying, but I know I have a fill scheduled for the day after I get back from my trip so I'm trying to be mellow about the whole thing and just go with maintaining for now. My sister and brother-in-law were in town for a few days and we did a LOT of eating so I am ok with maintaining right now. I made mostly good choices, but I am not denying the existence of pad thai, sushi, sweet potato fries, tostones, jerk meatballs, a (shared) coconut cupcake, guacamole and chips, and the amazing chocolate cake that my mom got for my sister's, dad's, and husband's birthdays - which all fall within a couple of weeks of each other. Come to think of it, that's pretty darn good that I maintained last weekend!

I wore the pink polo shirt today that the lovely Kristin from Catchy Title Here sent me. I got several compliments, including one co-worker who remarked that he liked the preppy look on me and if he wasn't totally in love with his wife that he would be hitting on me. Heh.

8 comments:

-Grace- said...

Cannot wait to meet you!!

Kristin said...

STEPH!!!!! No one ever, ever complimented me on that shirt, so you must wear it with great flair! Looking forward to meeting you in 10 days. (I cannot believe it's that close.)

Kerri said...

I am scared poopless about Chicago! Can't wait to meet you!!!

Bonnie said...

54 lbs down is awesome. I'm sure the scale will start moving again soon - especially after your fill. Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

YAY - happy feature day!

Meli said...

steph! pad thai! reminds me of the place you took me too. yum :)

The Banded Lady said...

Congrats on being featured and akk the compliments.

Stephanie M. said...

Thanks SO much everyone, and Drazil for your kind words on my feature!
Kristin - I think people only noticed the shirt on me because it is not how I usually dress. I am a jeans and t-shirt (usually either dark colors or tie dye) girl so a PINK polo was very much noticed. :-)
Kerri - if you get scared in Chicago you can hold my hand and we'll be scared together. :-)
Meli - the Pad Thai and sushi was from the place we went. Yummy. When you're eating solid food again we'll have to go there again.