Friday, December 31, 2010

BOOB Roadtrip and Ronnie's Survey

Tomorrow is the day I get to see BOOBs Heidi, Amy, and Maria and I am SO excited! Heidi is coming to pick me up in the afternoon and we're road-trippin' it up to Orlando. (Last chance, Florida people - we're doing one of the Disney parks on Sunday - let me know if you want to meet up with us!)

The only thing that would make it better would be if Stephanie and a few other could join us, but sadly, there wasn't a single weekend in January that all of us could make it. There will be other meet-ups soon though, I'm sure! And we have a super secret special blogger coming to visit in a couple of weeks, but I'll keep that quiet until I'm sure we can make that happen.

Ronnie from Ronnie's Bandumentary posted this survey and I figured I'd answer it...

When were you banded? March 1, 2010

How much weight have you lost? 67 pounds

How often do you weigh yourself? Every morning.

How many fills have you gotten? Three so far.

Do you have a good support system? Yes, I think so. My husband is amazing and supportive, I know I can always talk to my parents, and my fellow BOOBs are incredible!

How hands on is your surgeon in your journey? Not terribly hands on. He's a great guy and I really like him, but he's only in the local office one day a week, which sometimes makes it hard when I need an appointment.

Do you regret telling anyone about your band? If so, who and why? Nope. I'm an open book and I have no regrets. I wasn't planning on telling anyone but family but I'm glad I did. The support has been awesome, and when I wasn't telling, I felt too guilty keeping the info from the very overweight people who were asking me how I was losing the weight. Telling them, "Oh, just eating less and exercising," made me feel bad when I knew that I wasn't able to do it without my band.

What is your favorite band-friendly meal? I eat everything, but when I'm on mushies after a fill, I love lowfat refried beans with guacamole and salsa.

What foods have you given up since surgery? None, nada, zilch. I can eat anything - bread, pasta, pizza, chicken, lettuce...I have never PB'ed and never vomited. Reheated meat sometimes doesn't feel too good, and there are things I just don't like, but I haven't given anything up altogether.

3 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Have fun with those BOOBettes! :)

Camille said...

Have a great time!!

Bonnie said...

You are so lucky to be able to eat everything with no pbs. I could do without them.