Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Atkins Begins

Dinner tonight - my first Atkins meal - was a smashing success. Scott grilled some burgers and I had mine with a slice of grilled onion, a pickle, mustard, and some of that low-sugar ketchup that Maria mentioned. Delicious! Of course, the carb withdrawals have not kicked in yet, so I may not be in as good of a mood about the whole thing tomorrow. ;-)

A couple of people asked me about the menu I put together. If you're interested, here it is. This is subject to change IF there is a good low-carb option. I put this together as a guide, so I never can say that I don't know what to eat. But, as an example, Scott and I talked about going out for crabs one night this week. If that happens, I know I'll have an order of steamed dungeoness crabs and a side salad. Yum. Other than that - this is what I'll be eating for the next week.

Tuesday:
Dinner - burgers, grilled onion, pickle

Wednesday:
Breakfast - leftover burger
Lunch - Caesar salad & bacon cheeseburger (no bun)
Dinner - steak, broccoli

Thursday:
Breakfast - spinach/feta crustless quiche bites
Lunch - steamed cabbage, shrimp, sausage, Old Bay
Dinner - Rocksteady Jamaican jerk chicken salad (lettuce, jerk chicken, avocado, oil, vinegar)

Friday:
Breakfast - spinach/feta crustless quiche bites
Lunch - cheeseburger and mashed cauliflower
Dinner - taco salad (turkey taco meat, lettuce, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce)

Saturday:
Breakfast - bacon & cheese omelet
Lunch - turkey, lettuce & avocado wraps
Dinner - steak, turnip "fries"

Sunday:
Breakfast - bacon & cheese omelet
Lunch - chicken salad over lettuce
Dinner - Roasted Brisket with Parsley, Mint and Thyme (an amazing looking recipe that Scott found) with roasted cauliflower

Monday:
Breakfast - spinach/feta crustless quiche bites
Lunch - Moe's burrito bowl (lettuce, chicken, onions, sour cream, guacamole, tomatillo salsa)
Dinner - Grecian Pork Tenderloin, green beans

Tuesday:
Breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon
Lunch - tuna, cottage cheese, hard boiled egg, lettuce, vinegar, oil
Dinner - burgers

Wednesday:
Breakfast - leftover burger
Lunch - steamed fish, green beans & almonds
Dinner - caesar salad and grilled chicken breast

Thursday & Friday to be determined...haven't decided yet. Will complete my menu before I go to the grocery store next weekend.

Snack choices:
deviled eggs
cucumber, broccoli, or cauliflower & dip
bacon
Just The Cheese snacks
celery with bleu cheese & hot sauce
smoked fish dip with celery
chicken salad
tuna salad
salami slices
meat leftovers
pickles
pumpkin cream cheese custard
sugar free whipped cream

7 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Sounds delicious!!

Perry Joyce said...

Wow, this actually made me mildly nostalgic for my atkins days! Everything sounds so tasty!

Amanda said...

I haven't made a menu yet but I have ideas! Mine starts in the morning but can I come to your house to eat instead?

DiZneDiVa said...

Your menu sounds great. I have been cutting back a little on carbs, without lowering my fiber intake, of course. I have been losing again... So I am down 121 pounds so far. I hope that keeps going since I am loving the loss and it looks like the strength training has really been revving up my metabolism... so keep your fingers crossed for me. *M*

Sam said...

That sounds pretty good, I shall be taking notes as I have been having trouble with my lunch choices :o)

Lap Band Gal said...

Great plan! You are so organized. 9 more sleeps until I get to see your pretty face :)

Darlin1 said...

Great menu---sounds very satisfying!! I may need to go there myself---NO weight loss for 3 months ;-(