Saturday, April 10, 2010

BYOC, Edition 4

My BYOC for the week...

1. If you could have lunch with a famous person who would it be and what would you order?

I would have lunch with Penn Jillette. He is so funny and smart and we share very similar political views. Since he lives in Las Vegas, we'd have to go to my favorite restaurant there, Hugo's Cellar, and order the tableside salad service, chateaubriand and lobster for two, and cherries jubilee. (Hey, it's my fantasy. Calories don't count there.)

2. Where’s the furthest place you’ve traveled to?

Hawaii to the west and London to the east.

3. If you could describe yourself in 4 words – what would they be?

Slightly nutty but nice.

4. What’s one interesting thing about you we don’t know?

When I was 19 years old, I quit a job with one day's notice to follow the Grateful Dead for an entire summer. I got the feeling on the very last day before my friends were leaving that I shouldn't miss it. I don't regret it at all because it turned out to be their last tour before Jerry Garcia died.

5. Finally – whose blog spoke to you, stuck with you, stayed in your mind, resonated with you – this week – and why?

Angie's blog about striving for perfection really hit home. I tend to have the same issues. I used to be a total slacker, but now if I am going to do something, I want to be perfect at it. I am a student, and a "B" isn't good enough - I have to get straight A's. I got a B in a class once and was really upset about it, even though my first time through college (16 years ago) I was just thrilled to end up with a C in a class. I don't know what changed. I need to accept that I will occasionally stumble, as long as I get back up again it's ok.

2 comments:

Angie Cummings said...

Steph - so cool to learn so much about you! I love the dead, and can vividly remember the moment when I found out Jerry died :(

Thanks for the shot-out -you seem to really get where I am coming from!

I'm following you now, and can't wait to be along for your journey!

-Grace- said...

Wow, It is so cool that you followed the Dead for a summer!!