Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gainfully Employed

I didn't want to say anything too soon because I didn't want to jinx it, but last week I interviewed for a job that I REALLY wanted, and then got called in for a second interview, and then...

I got the job!

I am very excited. It's a fabulous company that is making a real difference. The CEO is the guy who originally started the company I just left, after 12 years of working there, and he has a wonderful track record of being a very successful entrepreneur, as well as being exceptionally generous when things go well. My direct manager will be a man who I have worked with before, and I truly have the utmost respect for him. I'll be doing tech support, which I haven't done in a decade, but that's ok...with how tight the job market is, I am very pleased to have gotten a job so quickly.

And...this means I get to go to Chicago! I have already started shopping for a plane ticket and I will snap it up as soon as the price is right.

Due to the new job, I needed some new clothes that are not falling off. I'm at a weird in-between pants size right now, a 22 is a smidge too tight but it would be ridiculous to buy much in a 24. I did get one pair of really nice dark jeans that are a bit stretchy so they should fit for a little while, and I also got several tops. The office is business casual, and jeans and polos or blouses are allowed, so I'll just have to do a rotation of the few pairs of pants I have that still fit.

I had a nice NSV today. When I started going to the gym after surgery, my "normal" treadmill speed was 2.7 and I was "sprinting" up to 3.5 MPH. Today I did a half hour on the treadmill and my normal speed was 3.2 and my sprint speed was 5.5 MPH. That's not going to win me any speed records anytime soon, but it's definitely a personal best and it's fun to see an honest-to-goodness improvement.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I AM SO HAPPY for you!!!! Yippee!!! Not that an un-employed roommate wouldn't have been fun, but.... :-)

I wish I had some clothes for you - BUT... I have full faith that I will soon! In fact, I'll check out my clothes upstairs. Maybe send you some things to "shrink" into (vs. grow). And GOOD FOR YOU on the speed! Awesome... just awesome! Can't wait to meet you in person.

Nella said...

Way to go! Congrats on the job...NOW GO SPEND SOME MONEY and Help the ECONOMY! Woohoo!

Sandy said...

Woo Hoo. New job, new clothes, new NSV's with the weight loss. Can't wait to meet you in Chicago. Soon you will have to change your profile picture and put up a skinny worm.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Yippeee - Chicago! YEAH and congrats on the job!

Stephanie M. said...

Hahaha! You guys are awesome. Sarah - I can't WAIT to shrink to as small as you are. And Sandy Lee - that is hysterical. I put that up as my pic when I was being all anonymous and stuff. I love baby Jabba with his bunny!

Holl said...

congrats on the new job and your nsv!!! yay!!!!

Bonnie said...

So happy to hear the good news. Congrats!

-Grace- said...

That is wonderful news! Glad you got a job so fast and so happy to meet you in Chicago!!

Theresa said...

Congratulations on all fronts! Can't wait to meet you in Chicago.

Lacey said...

Woohoo!! Awesome!

Steph said...

Congrats on the new job and I'm glad you get to go to Chicago. I have some like new jeans in a 22 in case you want them, I'd be happy to send them to you. Email me at sjoy1972@gmail.com :)