Friday, June 11, 2010

BYOC on June 11, 2010

1. What was your first pet?

A cat named Stormy. We got her when I was in 7th grade because I got all A's and B's on my report card. I desperately wanted a cat for my whole life before that, and I loved her so much. She lived to 19 years old and I was very sad to have to take her to the vet when my parents were out of town to have her put to sleep. She was a good kitty.



2. (I am SO skipping this one altogether. Sorry!)

3 & 4 – I’m combining these two cuz this answer could be long. A follower (thanks Steph) asked if I could ask what a daily meal plan looks like for each of you – out of curiosity and out of possibly learning new foods to try.

Breakfast: Coffee with Splenda and milk, and 2 hard boiled eggs. On gym mornings I might have a sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast made with skim milk before the gym and one egg afterwards, or some leftovers. This morning I had the instant breakfast before the gym and about 1/3 cup of leftover turkey taco meat with a sprinkle of cheese, a dab of light sour cream, and a spoonful of salsa. Tomorrow I will have my leftovers from today's lunch.

Lunch: Chicken breast with black beans and salsa, a "power lite" burrito (under 500 calories) from Tijuana Flats, meat or seafood with brown rice and veggies, a Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine frozen meal, leftovers, chicken meatballs (I like the Aidell's pineapple teriyaki ones) with steamed broccoli...it totally varies from day to day. Lunch is my biggest meal of the day.

Dinner: A piece of meat or fish and some roasted or steamed veggies. Tonight we had pork chops and roasted broccoli.

Snacks: Light string cheese (I like the 2% milk twisty cheddar and mozzarella one by Polly-O), Greek yogurt, Skinny Cow ice cream, South Beach Diet high protein cereal bars (the peanut butter ones are amazing). I haven't really been doing a lot of snacking lately. My 3 meals a day have been satisfying me pretty well, especially when I am super busy at work. I haven't even really been tempted by the Twizzlers my dad brought in to work to keep in his desk, which used to be a huge favorite of mine.

5. Repeat question: What blog or blog comment stayed with you or stuck with you the most this week and why?

Sherry's (Two Sticks or a Lighter) post about refusing to diet anymore made me want to shout, "Right on, band sister!" And TracyZ's (One Foodie's Band Quest) post about the way her old self ate and how Old Tracy would laugh at New Tracy made me think about the way that Old Stephanie was. I like the new me a whole lot more.

No comments: