Saturday, June 26, 2010

NSV Day

I had a couple of nice NSV's today, and while my dinner cooks (pork chops and roasted brussels sprouts - yum!) I figured I would share. :-)

I ran into someone I haven't seen in a few months today and got a, "DAMN girl! You lost some weight, huh? You look great!" That was super nice to hear.

I ran around and did some errands (haircut, drug store, library) and was planning to go to the gym. It was about 97 degrees and sunny out - very hot, but there is a really nice park with a nature walk area right near the library and as much as I usually hate to sweat and I like to be distracted by TV or music when I'm exercising, I went and walked the nature path a couple of times around. It was beautiful! There were lots of birds (including a mama duck with a bunch of babies and a huge egret with a big black snake in its mouth), TONS of dragonflies in the most amazing colors, turtles...I was alone with my thoughts for 45 minutes and enjoyed the sunshine and the warm breeze. The place was completely empty and I loved the solitude. I felt so incredibly good when I was done. The coolest part was that I wasn't thinking about how many calories I was burning or that I couldn't wait to be done - I felt the joy in moving just for the sake of moving. That probably sounds all hippie-dippyish, but it was just a really good moment.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a great day.

Alison said...

Sounds lovely, the snake would have freaked me out though!

Sarah said...

Yay Steph!!! That is a great NSV... sounds like it was some great "me-time"...

Stephanie M. said...

It was some really good "me time" for sure! And Alison, the snake was firmly in the beak of the bird, so I wasn't too worried about that one. It was all the snakes I COULDN'T see that scared me a little. :-) It was just one of the black snakes we have everywhere around here, non-venomous so not too worrisome. My husband whacks one with the lawnmower (accidentally!) at least once a month.

Meli said...

awww steph! thats awesome! :) but eww about the snakes in the lawnmower. lol.

Ice Queen said...

Not hippy-dippyish at all. I feel the same way every time I go out to the lake to walk.

You found a lovely place to get a great workout. :D