Friday, June 4, 2010

Yay Weekend and BYOC!

What a week! I am so happy it's Friday night and I don't have to set the alarm clock tomorrow. Today was a little tough, eating wise. One of the women in my office baked up a storm and brought all the "goodies" in - TWO kinds of oatmeal cookies, peanut butter cup cookies, lemon bars...and guess what? I did not have a single crumb. I told her that I was just starting to like her, but that was over. I kinda meant it too. I was tempted...oh boy was I ever...but I felt like it would have been a very bad idea since I just had pizza for dinner last night (and a leftover slice for breakfast). The good news is that I STILL have another slice leftover in the fridge...and this was an "individual" pizza. I ate at this place (Mellow Mushroom) in the past and was easily able to eat the entire individual pizza in one sitting. So, big improvement, but after a carb-fest like that, I thought a bunch of sugar would have been stupid.

I got home from work and my husband wanted to...order a pizza. I refused the pizza, but ordered chicken with lemon wine sauce on it, ate half of the chicken, most of the side salad (but skipped the croutons), and about 1/2 cup of pasta, and put the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow. You'll never guess what I did next. I threw the garlic rolls in the garbage, without taking a single bite of one! I don't think I've ever done that in my life.

*************************

BYOC Time! As Drazil says, "It's Friday again - time for 5 teeny questions you can copy and paste into your own blog so we can all get to know each other better! Play if you want to!"

1. If you could live anywhere in the world - where would it be and why?

Probably somewhere in North Carolina or Georgia. I think I'm a little bit of a southern girl at heart. I think it's hilarious that I need to go north to be in the south (since I live in Florida) but I absolutely love the Blue Ridge area. My husband and I spent our honeymoon in a gorgeous cabin (with a hot tub in the bedroom!) in Blairsville, Georgia and I fell in love with that area.

2. How old were you when you got drunk for the 1st time?

I'll tell you, but you have to promise to not have my parents arrested, ok? I was 10-ish and in fifth grade. It was Passover and I kept sneaking sips of the four traditional glasses of wine. I was wasted by the end of the night. My parents made me go to school with a hangover and it's a lesson I have NEVER forgotten. I rarely drink. I'm going out with friends tomorrow night and guess who's driving, as usual, so everyone else can drink?

3. What was your favorite toy growing up?

Spirograph, gears, and magic sand. I was a geek even then.

4. What's your favorite season and why?

I LOVE the fall. Living in Florida, I don't get to experience it much, but the cool, crisp weather, apples, and the smell of the leaves are just so amazing.

5. Repeat question....which blog or comment spoke to you or stuck with you the most this week?

Grace's vlog made my heart hurt for her. I've been thinking a lot about her and hoping she's feeling a little better.

1 comment:

-Grace- said...

I just love you, hun. Thank you for thinking of me; I've been feeling a bit better :)